Thursday, December 24, 2009

Oh Shit. I forgot to be good.

Oh Shit, it's Christmas Eve! And I haven't finished shopping. Or making fudge. Or cleaning. Or resting.

OR I could drink a huge glass of something yummy and watch a cheesy movie and lose myself in the big bed and all the pillows.


But no. I will commercialize the shit out of this Christmas. I will say, wow, look at these prices and toss things into a cart. I will wrap with dollar store paper and bows and ribbons. I will package up that not yet made fudge that I will make with my own two hands.

I will visit my parents on Christmas, and get to see my Grandmom, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins that I rarely get to see because have you noticed? The world moves too fast and we are all too busy.
I will wake up Christmas morning at home, with my son, and look at the snow that may be with us until Groundhogs day.

I will get ready and make the drive to my parents house to be greeted by the smell of whatever they are cooking and see that the windows are foggy and the tree is lit and the presents are set out neatly.

We will gather around the tree and then it will be Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment