Monday, January 11, 2010

This calls for a cocktail

So has this ever happened to you: There you are just living your life. Waking up. Drinking that coffee (or bourbon), heading off to work, paying the bills, when suddenly you realize...Oh shit.

This isn't what I want. I like to call this my quarter life crisis. What I'm currently slugging through. What this exhaustion is signaling. What my dreams are telling me. What that little voice in the back of my head is SCREAMING. This isn't what I want.

So I'm a little pissed off. At no one in particular. (except...uh...me).

And I've started taking steps in what is MY right direction. I'm saying to hell with what others think. To hell with their expectations, disappointments, and dreams for me. I can't live for anyone else. And that's what I did for a long time. My fault. I accept 100% responsibility. And that's why it's up to me to take the reins on this proverbial horse and change direction.

Are you confused yet? Good! Me too! I live my life in a blender where everything just swirls around me, and I'm always narrowly missing the blade. Needless to say I'm on a mission. A few missions. And I work best under pressure. Being the underdog suits me. Any given Sunday and whatnot.

So here's to a cold Monday. Here's to being able to laugh every day no matter what.

Here's to and Cheers to...new beginnings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment